Friday 4 April 2008

What Country Are We In Today? OR Is There Anybody Home At Your Place?

I thought it might be time for me to check on a couple of things before someone else checks on a couple of things! Not about anyone in The U.K., but for someone here in Canada!


I could get morbid and ask about the Donner Party, but that could be closer to what's been happening to me this last week and a half! OK, OK! I got morbid! - maybe a little gross as well - sorry, but I'm having trouble thinking straight! Better stop now before I dig it to deep!


This has not been a fun few last days - to say the least! On Tuesday, last week, I lost some weight when I feel off of the front stairs! Just a couple of grams of skin and such from the knee and shin on my right leg! Fairly sure I broke a bone (or two) in my left foot, judging from the feelings every time I move the foot - not to mention the swelling and lazy, hazy, colourful shades of spring (or sprung) that covers that part of the left foot!


When I got to see my Dr., he called me a F.O.O.H.S.H. and sent me for some x-rays! For some of you less technically minded F.O.O.H.S.H. stands for 'Fell On Outstreched Hands Sure Hurt' - or something along those general paths of pain!


X-rays came back clear - as in no broken bones in hands! Just very swollen, very little strength, hardly any movement, but lots and lots and lots of shades of blue, black, brown, green, orange and some I didn't recognize!


I had been going out for some groceries and apparently misjudged my first step! It seems that it's Muhamed Ali who floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee - I float like a brick and got all the stings!


It's a good thing I had my Cellphone with me - the place I came down in couldn't be seen from the street because of the snowbank and I don't think anyone around could have helped me up anyway!


Lottsa fun when I called 911 and said I'd fallen down and couldn't get up - not even a chuckle from the operator! Things got better when the EMS ambulance showed up and I ask them if they were " ... going my way?"


I don't know if I had broken a rib bone when I fell, or from when the paramedics lifted me off the gound and onto a chair, but that's when I felt the new pain in the new place! You know - 1 - 2 - 3eee!


Anyway, my Dr gave me a prescription for some heavy-duty pain killers and they seem to be having a side effect on me - and that's for sure, for sure!


There seems to be a the possibilities of hallucinations with these pills and is that a lot of fun! Never know how many faces and such there are in the bathroom floor covering!


Someone has mentioned that there seems to be a more than usual 'fuzzyness' to my speech lately and I seem to have some memory lapses - but I think it's just the patterns in the linoleum flooring!


Anyway, things seem to be getting back to normal (that could be dangerous space) so let's just see what happens as it happens!


Dave got to England on Monday - four days ago already - so everyone there is still busy catching up, down, leftways, rightways, backways, and forways! Alycia had a bit of a head cold so Taylor was "playing with her food for a night or two" which ended up with the laundry machines being put to work once or twice! I havn't got it allright yet, but it will get there - I'll just attach a few more pictures to finish this blog off and then it's off to slumberjay world for me!










So Until next time: REMEMBER, GOD LOVES YOU!







No comments: