Tuesday 25 March 2008

Still Going Strong and Then Some!

YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS!
"start quote
Good Morning!


I'm on the computer! HOORAY! I can communicate with the outside world for a few minutes! So here's a quick update...


Things are fantastic! Taylor is sooooooo cute! She is a great distraction from the massive sleep depravation we are all suffering. She is such a good little girl though. Rarely does she really get upset or cry hard. She'll squawk and voice her complaints, but that usually means she just wants to be cuddled or fed. Even in the night, she never really cries. We haven't had to pace the floors with her or cast out any demonic spirits - you know the usual. She's settled into life around here pretty well. She doesn't make a huge fuss when we change her anymore and she loves bathtime, except when I take her out of the tub. And she loves to snuggle up to soft toys, clothes, and skin. She likes to cuddle up to Danny's face after he's shaved! It's sooooo cute!


She started smiling a few days ago and that has been a huge highlight for us! She makes so many funny faces like she's really trying to talk but nothing's coming out yet. Overall, the loudest noises she makes comes out the other hemisphere of her body (just like her father). I swear, she has such forceful, explosive poops that NASA could use the raw power to launch it's satellites into orbit. Hmmmm, that may have been too much information...


As for the rest of us: Danny's "burning the candle at both ends" as he's running a kid's club at a church this week with the LifeFORCE Team. Schools have the week off because of Easter (comment about the British slack education system here) and waking up with Taylor and I three or four times in the night. Today's an especially long day for him as he's at kid's club from 9am until 2pm, then he's leading our youth Bible study group at the church from 7-9 and then our last Project Gambia group comes back tonight at 1am and Danny has to pick a couple of our leaders up from Stourbridge and bring them back to Walsall. YIKES! Ruth and I are thinking about breaking one of his legs so he has to stop and rest! I think we'll have to break both legs though to get the message through!


I'm doing pretty good, just really tired. Everyday I'm more mobile, still stiff and sore but no where near as bad as it was. The stairs are no problems at all, I just don't like them. We have had a lot of company and phone calls from people (understatement of the year). We had Saturday and Sunday evening off from visitors, but we've all been too exhausted to make any phone calls, so please excuse our anti-social behaviour. But I'm sure you understand. The weather has been stupid here. Yesterday it rained, then snowed, then rained and snowed at the same time which soon turned into sleet and finished itself off in the form of hail. And plus the wind. I'm getting cabin fever here waiting for the sun to shine so we can go for a walk or for Danny to come home and take us out - even to the grocery store! If Ruth wasn't here, I'd be really going stir crazy! At least I've had a lot of laundry to keep me busy!


Ruth is doing, uh, let me just check. Hmmmm, judging by the 9 ft wide smile on her face, I think she isn't minding holding Taylor for me while I write this email. She's responding very well to the intense baby-therapy we've put her on. No, both Danny and I are so grateful to have her here! I've been having so much fun going through all the little baby outfits that people have given us with her!
Speaking of baby outfits, let me tell you about scratch mitts. First off, they're too big for her. Second, I have so many of them! I could have had a pair of twin octopuses (octopi?) and still have backup sets! And sleepers? How hard are the snaps to figure out on those things? Who designs them anyway? Mensa?


Danny and I have figured out that Taylor has a bigger wardrobe than both of us put together, a nicer set of wheels to ride around in than we do, and is more popular in three secondary schools (which is high school) and two elementary schools than we ever where in one school. She's off to an awfully good start!


Well, I should go wash myself up for the day. The midwife comes for the weekly visit today. She'll weigh Taylor so I'll have to give you the new details!


So until my next 15 minutes of freedom, take care and God Bless!

Love always,

~Alycia & Co. xoxoxoxoxo

PS - Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we took Taylor to church for the first time on Sunday. She slept most of the service (so did I...) but then woke up hungry so we spent the last part of the morning upstairs in privacy. Then she was back asleep. She didn't wake up once during a round of "Pass the Baby" after church!
end quote!



OK, NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT STUFF!


A. HORTON HEARD A WHAT? B. WHAT A BUSY DAY! C. I WONDER WHAT I CAN GET WITH THIS LOOK?
A. B. C.


D. WE ARE SO COOL! E. YUP, SHE'S MINE! F. I'M JUST SO CUTE!
D. E. F.


G. GO AHEAD, TELL ME HOW CUTE I AM!
G.
REMEMBER: GOD LOVES YOU!

No comments: